How to configure a RTMP server with Docker
If you want to use your own streaming platform for your live videos, you can do it with a couple of commands using Docker containers.
Your server needs to meet these requirements:
- Docker installed (Install Docker).
- At least 2GB of RAM available.
- Port 1935 (TCP) open to your IP and port 8080 (TCP) open to the world.
- Run a container with
docker run -d -p 1935:1935 -p 8080:8080 alqutami/rtmp-hls
- Now, you can send video to RTMP server with OBS Studio:
Settings > Stream.
- Server: rtmp://SERVER_IP:1935/live
- Stream Key: any text you choose.
- Receiving video from server (using VLC):
File > Open network location
- You can choose RTMP or HLS protocol.
- Docker image offers a page to show streaming statistics:
If you have any suggestion, feel free to contact me via social media or email.
Latest tutorials and articles: